Leading I-Bank - Capital Markets Lawyer
Salary HKD1,000,000 - HKD1,400,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 18 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Global Investment Bank seeks a capital markets lawyer to join the APAC team
Legal counsel for the bank’s M&A and Equity and Debt Capital Markets businesses in Asia Pacific, working in a team of 6 lawyers in HK and 3 lawyers in Mumbai.
Typical transactions include: IPOs, follow-on offerings, block trades, convertible bond offerings in equity capital markets, and investment grade and high yield bond deals and liability management transactions in debt capital markets. M&A would include both private sales or acquisitions and public takeovers.
Typical responsibilities are:
• Deal document review and negotiation: full suite of transaction documents, such as, engagement letters, underwriting agreements, legal opinions, comfort letters, bond terms and conditions, trust deeds, fiscal agency agreements
• Legal risk management: identifying deviations from standards, or other areas of legal, contractual and franchise risk; escalating to, and assisting in the resolution of such items with, global, regional and country partners in Legal and other functions; clear communication of risks and resolution with business partners.
• Liaising with external counsels: working closely with law firms on episodic transactions and managing law firm relationships.
• Internal projects: Working on special projects from time to time, for example, assessing impact of regulatory changes on regional or global business, and liaising with global/regional partners to form an implementation plan.
• Bachelor’s degree in law.
• Qualified to practice law in HK, Singapore, UK, or the US.
• 4 to 6 years’ work experience with a law firm, or as in-house counsel at a financial institution, in Hong Kong or another common law jurisdiction, with focus on capital markets and/or M&A transactions in Asia.
• Experience in Greater China capital markets deals is preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is required.