Global Asset Manager - Head of Legal & Compliance
Salary HKD1,500,000 - HKD2,250,000 per annum + + Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Oliver Allcock
Date posted 14 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A private company, headquartered in Europe with £100bn+ AUM. They are now seeking a Head of Legal & Compliance to manage the HK business.
This is a new role; reporting to the Global General Counsel and Head of Compliance in London.
The role requires a qualified lawyer with strong regulatory and transactional experience to take ownership of the function. The culture is entrepreneurial and energetic and someone with confidence and ability is required.
• Responsible for ensuring the group meets its regulatory requirements
• Maintain good relationships with, and act as main contact for, all interactions with the SFC
• To provide timely and pragmatic regulatory advice to senior management, including on the development of new products and business initiatives, and changes to regulatory rules and developments.
• Development and maintenance of a positive compliance culture through communication and monitoring regulatory responsibilities at all levels.
• Design and implement an effective compliance monitoring programme
• Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Skills / Profiles
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the Compliance or Legal functions of an asset management company, a legal / consulting firm specialising in financial services or from the SFC or an equivalent regulator.
• Possess a good knowledge of SFC rules and regulations, especially related to the management of SFC regulated and registered collective investment schemes, together with a working knowledge of other jurisdictions in the Asia ex-Japan region.
• Possess up to date knowledge of industry best compliance / regulatory practice, together with relevant fund management, dealing and distribution practices and procedures.
An attractive package and work enviroment is on offer to those who will commit to the structure of this department and be a long term hire for the company.