Banking & Finance Associate - 2-5 PQE
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Marcel Treurnicht
Date posted 09 January 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Our client is a dynamic, expanding, forward-thinking global law firm providing a broad range of quality legal services to local and international clients. They primarily focus on corporate/commercial work, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, banking, dispute resolution and arbitration.
They strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing. They have initiatives in place that ensure the firm’s culture is welcoming and supportive. They offer exceptional training opportunities and support to fully develop your potential.
They are now looking for a Banking & Finance Associate to join their busy team in their Hong Kong Office. This role will provide exposure to a very wide range of Banking & Finance work and will be perfect for those candidates who embrace a good challenge. This role will also provide very competitive remuneration package and other benefits.
- Advise on a wide range of lending transactions including acquisition financing, pre-IPO financing, real estate financing, privatisation financing and general syndicated lending;
- Advise on capital markets financing in the European, American and Asian markets;
- securitisation, repackaging and other structured finance;
- structured products (including funds);
- market regulation (including clearing and settlement systems);
- Represent leading arrangers, sponsors, issuers, borrowers, lenders and dealers;
- Financial services licensing;
- Digital assets (including cryptocurrencies) and stored value facilities;
- Payments and remittance systems;
- Digital banking and investment platforms;
- AML/CTF, sanctions and WMD non-proliferation controls;
- Data protection.
- HK Qualified Solicitor with 2-5 PQE;
- US, Magic Circle, Silver Circle, UK, and Top Tier Hong Kong Banking and Finance training and experience;
- Focused, able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines with high level of accuracy;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Team player;
- Ability to work effectively with partners and juniors in a team;
- Excellent English, Mandarin, Cantonese (spoken, written, drafting skills).
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Marcel Treurnicht at Robert Walters on 2103 5379 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference MTR/635340.