Senior Manager, Shenzhen
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Sommer Nisbet
Date posted 19 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Rare opportunity to join Robert Walters in a leadership capacity, in one of the most dynamic markets across the Group. Read on for more details.
SENIOR MANAGER - SHENZHEN
As one of the world’s leading global recruitment firms and an award-winning business, Robert Walters’ strategy of geographic expansion and discipline diversification continues to drive rapid growth across the Group.
With over 50 offices in 27 countries and more than 3,000 employees worldwide, we are well-placed to serve the needs of our blue-chip multinational client base and manage the professional careers of the highest calibre candidates, while offering ongoing career development opportunities for our staff.
The Shenzhen office is at the heart of Robert Walters’ expansion plans for Greater China. Shenzhen is one of most exciting recruitment markets in Asia due to its fast growing and vibrant tech sector. Our office is small but profitable and growing. We have established teams covering IT, Engineering, Sourcing & Supply Chain and Finance, and we see growth potential in the HR, Sales & Marketing and Fintech sectors.
WORKING AT ROBERT WALTERS
To learn more about what it means to work at Robert Walters, please read what our people have to say: https://www.robertwalters.com/careers.html
As a Senior Manager, you would be expected to:
- Manage multiple teams of Consultants and Senior Consultants to ensure they meet the following outcomes:
- Use a range of techniques to build a broad network of candidates, who are both active and passive job seekers
- Employ business development skills to establish a strong pipeline of clients
- Continuously invest time in building their knowledge of the industry they recruit, including macro and micro trends that affect hiring decisions and salaries
- Use their networks and knowledge to advise clients on how to secure the best talent in the market
- Provide invaluable advice to candidates as to how to enjoy sustainable career success
- Achieve activity and financial targets
- Work closely with the Director to understand the strategic direction of the business and to problem-solve any barriers to success
- Maintain constant oversight of the activities of the Consultants and Senior Consultants to ensure high standards of performance
- Offer coaching and mentoring to Consultants and Senior Consultants so that they continue to grow their skills
- Act as escalation point for key accounts and maintain senior client relationships as needed
WHAT WE NEED
Ideally, you will possess a minimum of two-three years of management experience in the recruitment industry. While this role lends itself to a Mandarin speaker, we are still keen to hear from English-only speakers who are motivated to work in the Shenzhen market. Candidates with less experience will be considered for the role of Manager.
To be a cultural fit for our business, you will need to demonstrate your ability to collaborate through effective communication and innovative problem-solving.
While we will encourage you to leverage your existing experience, on joining we will ask you to adopt a growth mindset, so that you can make the most of the extensive training and development opportunities that will be presented.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Robert Walters, we need exceptional people – individuals with strong interpersonal skills, an ability to work in a dynamic environment and a desire to succeed through adding value to our clients’ human capital. In return, we offer career development opportunities both locally and globally, extensive training and an exceptional package based on team and individual performance targets, which is unique in the market. Our working environment is fast moving and presents the chance to work with some of the world’s leading organisations and industry professionals.
If you possess the ability to collaborate, hunger, a natural sense of ownership and curiosity – and are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding career in recruiting – then apply below.