Senior Strategic Procurement & Category Manager
Location Hong Kong IslandFULL_TIME
Consultant Alexander Proudlock
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-19 purchasing-and-procurement 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A well established company are looking for a Senior Strategic Procurement & Category Manager with IT experience to join their growing team.
The Strategic Procurement Department is focused on delivering effective business solutions through a strategic management approach of the costs, the supplier base and the continuous improvement of the administrative initiatives.
This role is to support the Head of Strategic Procurement in the development and implementation of category management and procurement strategies that enable the Club to engage with the supply market in a manner which secures the desired suppliers at optimum price, whilst delivering excellent performance for the Club throughout the cycle.
This position will be leading the Information and Communication Technology strategic procurement team to provide end-to-end strategic procurement management services including development and management of the Club's supplier base, in the category cluster of information technology, telecommunications, and enterprise solution, etc.
- Lead the team to work closely with Finance and Business to maintain the up-to-date view of potential category spend and demand plan
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to managing the Information and Communication Technology related categories so that it ensures supply availability, meets quality standards, and delivers best value to the Club
- Ensure appropriate category knowledge and data are maintained and incorporated into strategies
- Develop and expand/consolidate current supply base to support future needs
- Build strong supplier relationships and develop market intelligence on existing and potential suppliers
- Implement supplier assessment processes and tools, and communicate results to suppliers to aid their development
- Introduce key performance measures for continuous improvement and ensure suppliers are able to meet performance specifications
- Formulate procurement strategies that are aligned with published governance levels
- Ensure opportunities for innovation are fully evaluated and, where appropriate, introduced or implemented in the Club
- Degree holder with professional qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain or Business Administration (e.g. CIPS or equivalent)
- At least 15 years of related work experience with technical expertise in Information and Communication Technology sectors
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationship with stakeholders
- Good planning and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in developing business process and procedures
- Good command of English and Chinese