Desktop Support Engineer - Asset Management Firm
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Yoyo Sung
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-05-29 it 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters
This french based asset management company is looking for an IT support for their Hong Kong office.
- Provide first level support for computer and mobile device issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate 2nd level support team
- Work with 2nd level support team to resolve business applications issues. Configure, deploy and support IT hardware, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, and network equipment (IP Phones) in a LAN environments.
- Install, organise, and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software, and custom applications
- Schedule and monitor security patches deployment
- Coordinate with equipment vendors and 3rd party suppliers to resolve technical issues
- Use a ticketing system to track and maintain high level of service and support
- Decommissioning / disposal of IT equipment, when necessary
- Dealing with suppliers and external providers (purchasing of new IT equipment, new equipment test)
- 0 to 3 years of experience providing desktop support in a Windows based environment
- Fluent in English and Mandarin would be ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring, installing and troubleshooting Windows 7 / Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010-2016 environment
- Experience in PC management & support and good knowledge of IT hardware (Laptops, Desktops)
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting email issues and a solid understanding of Office applications and Windows desktop architecture
- Ability to configure end-user smartphones
- Must be a team player with a proven desire and ability to quickly pickup new processes and technologies