Trade Floor Support Analyst
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 financial-services Central HK HKD 40000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Responsibilities * Operate as part of the team shift rota that provides support coverage from 07:00-19:00 * Interact with the Credit, SecProd, and Muni businesses to log, prioritise, resolve, escalate (where required) and own all support issues through to completion * Perform deep analysis of support requests to identify the most efficient solutions to client issues. Keep abreast of the wider projects within the technology space, and where feasible, leverage these initiatives to improve issue resolution and client service * Effectively communicate / escalate incidents and problems to 3rd line support (development) when required * Drive the horizontal application support teams in technology centers on incidents impacting Trading Floor until resolution. * Update the support knowledge base recording new issues, workarounds, solutions and system / process how-to's * Take on "Subject Matter Expert" responsibility for a suite of applications, and become a knowledge reference point for the support, development and project teams. Build up systems knowledge, technical knowledge, and business knowledge through self assessment, self training materials, and liaising with key development contacts to obtain a deep understanding of the systems and business * Responsibility of delivery for minor works to support project initiatives and / or to improve client service and strategy
- As part of the support team, technical skills expected are for investigating issues and potential solutions. The candidate is expected to have experience in at least one database, programming language and operating system knowledge/experience.
- 2+ years of Electronic Trading experience (Bloomberg, MarketAxess and other US-based electronic venues). ION platform experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Unix, SQL, Oracle & MSSQL, Scripting (shell, perl), Excel (macro / scripting), XML, Messaging, Autosys, Java
- Credit Cash product knowledge
- Good understanding of bond pricing
- Experience with ITIL concepts and best practices
- Understanding of the investment banking business and the lifecycle of trade
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY/745220