Trade Application Support
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 financial-services Central HK HKD 1 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Overview: * Looking for an experienced; customer focused Trading Application Support Analyst to join our Trading Application support team, a key service to global business. * With nearly half of our staff working in technology roles, our technologists empower our business to provide best-in-class service to our clients around the world. From conceptualising ideas to bringing them to market, engineers work alongside our business units to build technology for institutional traders that enables them to improve returns for investors. Responsibilities * Responsible for the support of Asia’s equity dealing desk and its institutional clients * Work as part of a team that is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and resolving live trading system issues for internal and external EMS users. * Facilitate of internal ‘User Acceptance Testing’ with end-users and occasional dealer training for new software * Be proactive, forward thinking and use initiative while troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and trading issues in a live trading environment. He\She will be required to see all issues through to resolution.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline is preferred, but not required.
- 4 – 5 years relevant experience with brokerage firms would be desirable.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in a front-office trading environment supporting both internal and external users.
- Experience in leading a team would be an advantage.
- Excellent application and system problem-solving skills; must be detail-oriented.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, ability to pick up and run with tasks.
- Good client management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Asian equity markets, OMS’, EMS’ and order routing systems.
- Market Data related experience – Reuters infrastructure in particular – an advantage
- Practical experience in UNIX, DB, Scripting.
- Strong communication skills. English is a must. Mandarin/Cantonese – an advantage.
- FIX knowledge – an advantage.
- Previous dealing systems development experience desirable.
- Exposure to different technologies, such as OMS, EMS and order routing system
- Projects with quick life cycles, from concept to client in three months
- A team environment with 10 - 13 trade support members
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on the business side
- A company that’s investing a sizable amount in its technology department
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
- A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from LA to Hong Kong and Sydney and the 11 locations in between
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY/739340