Regional Information Technology Specialist
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Yoyo Sung
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-09-26 it 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A American hedge fund asset management company is looking to hire a regional information technology specialist to join their talented team.
- Provide an excellent level of IT support to onsite, remote and traveling users.
- Ensure that solutions comply with global standards.
- Maintain Disaster Recovery environment for each business unit.
- Attain sufficient knowledge of the in-house and third party applications, in order to quickly identify and organize a solution for any related problem.
- Manage or assist with any IT related project as required.
- Escalate problems to vendors and in-house experts when required.
- Ensure open issues are passed to appropriate staff at the end of each shift.
- Provide regular status reports to management.
- Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure that all helpdesk calls and service requests are logged, processed and monitored according to company procedures and within SLA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Current Microsoft Certified Software Engineer (MCSE) accreditation..(optional)
- Excellent technical problem-solving and analytical ability.
- A service orientated business facing approach.
- The ability to deal with business users at all levels.
- A proven track record managing their own project life cycles.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to coordinate others globally to accomplish overall corporate goals.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and local language.
- At least five years’ experience directly supporting users in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of market data infrastructure and applications, including Bloomberg and Factset.
- A technical understanding of Windows XP Professional, Window 7, Office 2007/10 and Windows server operating systems to MCSE level.
- Have the ability to write and modify scripts.
- A firm understanding of LAN\WAN technologies, a solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- The skills to provide broadband and VPN troubleshooting.
- The ability to support personal organizers such as BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone devices.
- An excellent understanding of Windows and UNIX connectivity software such as Citrix, Rumba and Exceed.