Location Hong Kong
Consultant Yoyo Sung
Date posted 19 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A leading IT company which develop trading application is looking for a Network Engineer to join their team.
- Design, implement and support complex WAN / LAN network architecture based on business, technical requirements according to the policies and procedures.
- Install, configure, maintain network devices.
- Configure and manage routing protocols. Minimize latency and configure/optimize Market Data multicast distribution.
- Work hands-on with both internal (Windows, Web, Desktop, Market Data, Telecom, Unix, Development, Application support) and external facing clients, vendors, carriers on the circuit installation, connectivity setup. Coordinate necessary steps related to carrier maintenance notices.
- Troubleshoot and identify sources of problems, working with vendors, telecom providers and other Technology teams to bring issues to resolution, take actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Up-to-date documentation, network diagram.
- Follow industry standards and research to assist with making technical decisions and improvements to maintain technology advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with at least 10+ years of hands on experience building and maintaining Financial networks (including Low Latency networks)
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus, Arista EOS, F5, Cisco ASA. Hands-on experience with Cisco and Arista network hardware including routers, switches and security appliances.
- Extensive experience with PIM, IGMP, SSM, MSDP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, Spanning-tree, MPLS, Tunneling Protocols, EVPN, VRRP, HSRP, PTPv2, NTP, VXLAN, VPN, ARP.
- Extensive experience with multicast, market data exchange, routing protocols, and network security best practices with strong TCP/IP knowledge, ability to setup and trace through TCP, multicast data flows.
- Experience with Corvil and packet capture interpretation an asset.
- Experience with design and support of virtualization, cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with operating systems like LINUX, Windows, Solaris to troubleshoot network issues.
- Experience with scripting and programming experience in any of the following: C++, Java, MySQL, Perl, Python, SQL, Unix
- IT Project management experience and knowledge of the Financial Industry
- Team player with excellent customer service, creative problem solving, and strong communication skills
- Ability to work off hours when required for production related maintenance or troubleshooting
- Committed to continual improvement, focused on quality
- Positive customer service and team attitude
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly