Team Leader of Production Services
Salary Very attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Heather Granados
Date posted 13 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Join a highly respected international financial institution as Team Leader of Production Services.
- The Global Markets IT production APS group provides Business-aligned production services to support the Global Markets businesses. These services range from maintaining and improving the availability, integrity, performance and capacity of the Global Markets technology platforms, to providing and developing governance of process and technology standards.
- As a team leader of the Application Support team providing support to the production elements of the equity market access applications, the role is centred on:
- Lead a team, organise and guarantee that work within the scope of responsibility is properly completed
- 1st and 2nd-level technical and functional application support, covering the whole spectrum of global and regional market access systems
- Practical Service Management, i.e. adhering to ITIL methodologies and Global Markets standards for change, release, incident, problem and request Management
- Business analysis of Maintenance & Enhancement (M&E), i.e. capturing business requirements, performing gap and impact analysis, producing functional specifications, defining test strategy and arranging User Acceptance Tests (UAT)
- Lead Market Access team, organise and guarantee that work within scope of responsibility is properly completed
- Define the policy and objectives of their scope based on the entity's strategic priorities
- Guarantee human resource management, in conjunction with the Human Resources department
- Manage team resources in accordance with schedules, budgets and quality standards
- Ensure that standards for incident, problem and system change management procedures are followed.
- Maintain standards, instructions, guidelines, procedures, and encourage team members to share their knowledge
- Maintain server lists and functions. Suggest new purchase and decommissioning server when necessary
- Fully committed to Continuous Improvement of the platform
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with users, answering users enquiries, and effectively handling users requests
- Be responsible for market access support of Equities & Derivatives Trading for Cash Equity, Warrant, Future & Options. on various APAC markets in Windows/Linux platform
- Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance testing; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical trading applications and systems in accordance to standards
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems, monitor the performance and operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Provide system and process documentation
- Participate in the support roster; morning / lunch shift duty, weekend and holiday work as required.
- Be responsible for handling business driven or exchange driven projects
- Be responsible to ensure Global Markets project management global and regional guidelines are followed within scope of responsibilities
- Direct contribution to operational permanent control framework
- Minimising operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control or Compliance as appropriate, as soon as an issue is identified.
- Contribute best practices and contribute to the implementation of Global and Regional Application Production and Support policies and procedures.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- Technical skills:
- team management
- project management methodology
- Good business knowledge on cash and derivatives products
- Good technical skills on Linux/Unix environment
- Scripting / monitoring knowledge
- good problem solving skills
- Soft and interpersonal skills:
- organisational skills (being proactive)
- communication skills
- client focused
- promote teamwork and cross-functionality
- ability to take initiatives (make proposals)
- ability to share knowledge
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Heather Granados at Robert Walters on +852 2103 5368 or Heather.Granados@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference ZYB/696570