System Support Consultant
Salary HKD30000 - HKD35000 per month + negotiable
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Jessica Cheung
Date posted 01 September 2016
The position of Support Consultant is a high profile, customer facing role. The post holder will require a mix of advanced technical skills and strategic business acumen.
A global company is looking for a system support consultant to provide ongoing support for the users and the business, to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from utilising the solutions business process to meet customer’s requirements.
[ABOUT THE ROLE]
The role requires someone with sufficient confidence to deliver a customer facing role and sufficient technical aptitude to develop a sound working knowledge of a complex software solution. This is a great opportunity for some looking to progress their career into professional consultancy.
- Working closely with Business Analysts and Project Managers to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all project activities
- Working closely with the UK based teams to resolve client issues
- Providing guidance and support to clients in terms of best practice
- Providing technical advice on issues within the software
- Support client installation and performing installations when required
- Logging tickets and following up customer enquiries to ensure customer satisfaction
- Troubleshooting issues where applicable
- Escalating issues to the Help desk Manager where SLA’s will not be adhered to
- Experience in retail technology and retail industries is desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012 and 2014)
- Experience of ISO standards including 27001
- Competent user of SSIS including setup
- Knowledge of Networking technology (DNS, DHCP, VLANS)
- Effective planning, administration and time management skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to develop and maintain up to date knowledge of products
- Effective troubleshooting ability across all levels of the technology stack
[ABOUT THE PERSON]
The candidate must have a professional attitude with customer service (internal and external) considered a priority. As a team player you must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to deal with pressure. Outstanding technical authoring skills and the ability to multi-task is a must.
[ABOUT THE COMPANY]
This company is the leading supplier of software and services for planning, automation and optimisation solutions to both the retailer and vendor community.