Assistant Project Manager / PMO, Infra Delivery
Salary HKD40,000 - HKD55,000 per annum
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Kobe Pang
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 it 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters
To contribute strategically and operationally to the achievement of Information Management’s business objectives by delivering project management services across Cathay Pacific infrastructure projects.
About the role:
The Assistant Project Manager is accountable to infrastructure steering committee, Project Manager (Infrastructure Delivery) and project management practice manager to:
- Manage a pool for both internal and external resources to design, build infrastructure platform and services and implement them to production on time, within budget and with good quality.
- Work with Infrastructure Architecture team to leverage shared infrastructure platforms and services to maximise return on investment and to minimise the total cost of ownership of the infrastructure environment.
- Collaborate with Project Management Practice Manager to implement project management practice across all IT projects
- Adopt necessary standard and best practices for project management and ensure compliance
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of infrastructure projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to drive technology innovation to achieve strategic plan and business objectives
- Collaborate with Enterprise Testing team to define the quality assurance test plans that meet the company practices and standards.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in technology, ensure timely exploration and proactively communicate IM’s position towards the introduction of relevant / key emerging technologies
About the person:
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in project management / coordination role
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience are essential
- Proven experience in managing projects with ability to multitask
- Knowledge of the following disciplines: project and program delivery, portfolio management, change management, infrastructure development management, vendor management, financial management
- Technical proficiency in hardware and system software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that gains understanding
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong in communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Good interpersonal skills