Telco Project Manager
Salary HKD40,000 - HKD60,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Kobe Pang
Date posted 07 January 2019 2019-01-072019-03-08 it Hong Kong HK HKD 40000 60000 60000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new vacancy that will deliver as Project Manager a new Network Deployment to one of the leading companies in global markets.
About the role
- The role will be to plan, facilitate and manage deployment of new fiber services purchased from third party suppliers primarily in Asia.
- The candidate would be working closely with the technical negotiation team to understand terms of new contracts and arrangements including delivery targets and technical requirements. Communicate target completion dates (very important) and ensure that all internal requirements are being met in a timely manner.
- Day to day handling of vendor deliverables (and vendor meetings) - handling difficult situations and people, keeping projects on track, ensuring that vendors meet standards and delivery times, resolving issues, working with internal staff and stakeholders, helping teams/vendors buy into and work towards common goals and deadlines. The candidate will need to be robust and resilient (to roll with the punches and remain calm and focused) when a situation is difficult, time is crucial, decisions need to be made, confrontations handled and contractual conflicts resolved.
- Prioritization and time management are absolutely key to this position and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in an exact role is the desired requirement, preferably with knowledge of dark fiber and wavelength delivery.
About the person
- Expertise at dark fiber, bulk fiber, leased wavelength & associated cross connects.
- Proficient in the reading, & understanding of dark fiber contracts, with the ability to act on the terms set out within the contract
- The ability to drive vendors to remediate out of specification delivered fiber. Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational project tracking, communications & time mgmt skills.
- Good understanding of interconnectivity requirements within carrier hotels. Knowledge of fiber characterization, fiber types, physical interfaces, connector types.
- Understanding of industry fiber cleaning procedures, radius bend and fiber running procedures, with knowledge of OTDR traces, optical insertion loss, & splicing.
- Good telecommunication background, Fiber, DWDM, SDH, AC/DC Power, Site survey, Co location, carrier hotels, meet me rooms.