Project Manager - Global Banking and Markets
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262018-12-26 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Role Overview: The project manager will assist the global banking markets business to focus on projects and drive initiatives around functional and regulatory changes focusing across APAC region. This is a one-year contract with potential to convert based on past experience. Candidates who require visa sponsorship will not be considered due to urgency of hire.
- Lead projects and drive changes to bring value to global banking markets business on cross-business or functional changes, regulatory changes. Support project/ systems implementation, target operating model design, and process optimisation to enhance efficiency and bring business value
- Provide internal consultancy services for new service or product initiation, and thematic study.
- Actively monitor the project scope and resources to meet the project schedule and budget
- Work closely with various stakeholders including Business, Operations, IT, Legal, Compliance and Group to ensure effective project implementation
- Lead the project effectively, define project governance, roles and responsibilities and mobilise the project team with excellent communication skills
- Work with business or functions on projects and requirements prioritisation to optimise resources usage, with the responsibility to manage budget planning and utilisation
- Proactively manage all the potential risks on projects and recommend mitigating measures if required
- Keep abreast on latest technology, external and internal policies, best practices in banking industry and deliver changes with added value
- Foster a high engagement with the team to deliver good quality outputs which exceed user expectations
- University graduate in Global Business, Finance, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or related disciplines or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in business analysis or project management
- Knowledge in global banking and markets or treasury products, front-to-back process, product/service design and implementation
- Experience as a project manager or lead to drive project and changes. Experience in regulatory changes will be an advantage.
- Excellent project management skills, communication skills, good at analysing problems from multiple perspectives and problem solving
- Proactive and connected, open to changes, flexible, independent
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good sense of ownership to the project / change delivery
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
This is a renowned financial institution.