Manager, BI and Merchandise application
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD60,000 per month
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Victor Tsang
Date posted 17 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This client is a retail giant looking for a new manager for their expanding IT team.
- Provision of Business Intelligence (BI) and Merchandise Application solutions and support for Asia Pacific
- Provide day to day BI, reporting, and application support to the APAC business community as received via the Helpdesk and formal business review meetings
- Manage BI and Application support processes
- Co-ordination of system problems and issue resolution
- Investigate and analyse Retail system issues
- Identify system/business area to resolve issue
- Agree corrective actions
- Confirm resolution in place
- Provide communication updates on issue progress and resolution
- Support of Retail Supply Chain processes
- Retail Development and Change Management
- Working with users to confirm scope, identify and document business requirements.
- Working with IT and users to identify system usage and solutions to support business requirements.
- Identifying changes to existing processes and impact on existing roles, responsibilities and functional structures.
- Production of Business Requirements documents, Business Specifications, Change Controls, Impact Analysis and Project Initiation
- Liaison between business users, 3PL IT team and support analysts across business areas to co-ordinate inter-dependent activities
- Co-ordination of Integration Testing, UAT and End to End Tests including production of Test Plans and working with users & IT to identify test criteria, test conditions and test data.
- Provide training and documentation to support full handover of solutions to Users
- Provide communication updates on change management status, risks & issues
- Where appropriate, manage end to end activities and phases of full project cycle
- Work with the business to ensure project benefits are realised through use of IT as defined in project approval criteria.
- Provide an effective application support service. This will involve liaison with external suppliers and US based support groups as well as internal customers.
- Technology Strategy & Industry Knowledge:
- To liaise with key vendors and attend relevant technology Trade Fairs and Seminars in order to keep up to date and understand the future direction of technologies and their business relevance
- Project Management:
- Ensure that all initiatives have detailed project proposals, justifications and supporting expenditure requests and plans prepared in accordance with Project Methodology
- Identify and co-ordinate resources in order to achieve successful implementations of all new projects, on time and on budget. As appropriate this means:
- Co-ordination with Global IT teams to maximise internal resource usage, or
- Identifying local outside resources for specific for assigned initiative
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction with all Business Solutions deployed. This should be achieved by regular review of service levels being achieved.
- Ensure project deliverables are in compliance with Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Minimum 7 years experience of business analysis & systems support with some degree of IT management experience
- Full Project life-cycle management experience
- Process Design and Improvement Experience
- Experience in multi-country Business Intelligence and Retail Application rollouts and support
- Fashion / Apparel experience
- Operating with organisations spread over many countries
- Experiences/knowledge in Business Intelligence, Merchandise Planning, Assortment Planning, Allocation, Replenishment, Retail, Logistics, Distribution, Warehouse
- Process Improvement / Re-engineering experience
- Working within US based Global IT function (preferable)
- Relevant Project Management methodology qualification (preferable)
- Application development tool qualification (preferable)
- Membership of relevant professional institution (preferable)
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Victor Tsang at Robert Walters on 2103 5350 or Victor.Tsang@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference 672080.