IT manager-retail application
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD70,000 per month
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Victor Tsang
Date posted 02 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
This client is a top tier luxury retail giant currently looking for a IT manager for their retail system team.
- Oversee all retail and customer facing applications and implementation of projects that contributes to the improvement and standardisation of the business, technology infrastructure and/or systems and applications in alignment with business and user needs.
- Research and understand new technologies in retail and customer facing area and determine how these technologies can support our business vision in retail.
- Manage business demands, analyses business requirements and prepares cost/benefit analysis.
- Deliver large scale digital and retail transformation projects on a Regional/Global scale, working closely with stakeholders such as key business leaders Senior Executives, and various functional teams within IT organisation to achieve business goals
- Manage vendors and have operational oversight for delivering innovative, effective and sustainable solutions in the region
- Manage and monitor daily function & operations of the assigned area, and ensure continuity of services and SLA with vendor application support are being met
- Work with business to support process improvement and data analysis needs and ensure timely communication to business stakeholders regarding system/process changes, training updates and other pertinent related information
- Collaborate with Business Units and IT application development teams in project management, requirements study and testing according to established procedures
- Mobilise large teams and drive both internal and external parties commit to their work responsibility and project deadline
- Ensure consistent communication to all stakeholders across all levels on project status, issues and risk reporting
- Ensure project success and completion; escalate as necessary to remove any roadblocks impeding success
- Multi-task and manage several projects concurrently
- Required to attend conference calls to discuss with clients on their requirement during US daytime.
- Degree holder in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related disciplines
- Min 10 years of experience in Application Implementation and Management or Project Manager role, preferably with Regional exposure in sizable companies
- Retail working experience is a must
- Proven track record of managing large scale application projects and business process re-engineering
- Min 8 years of solid experience in retail technology projects implementation such as POS, CRM, Clienteling, After Sales Services and E-Commerce
- Strong analytical mindset and able to manage complexity with good problem solving skills
- Strong communication and people skills, enjoy hosting and presenting in front of big group
- High attention to detail and attentive to risk
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
- Ability to work well with employees and user community at all levels of the company, especially with senior business leaders
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Flexible to travel
- Experience in E-commerce/ IBM Sterling/ JDE Enterprise One (preferred)
- Experience with leading teams utilising Agile and DevOps methodologies (preferred)
- PMP/SIX SIGMA Certification (preferred)