DevOps Solution Analyst
Salary HKD40,000 - HKD53,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Kobe Pang
Date posted 20 August 20192019-08-20 2019-10-19 it Hong Kong HK HKD 40000 53000 53000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
To perform as the subject matter expert (SME) in DevOps team in managing the operations in improving the application delivery efficiency. To perform as the SME in the site reliability team in managing the high severity IT B2C/B2E web/mobile incidents. To work with IT Teams of different domains and manage cloud services and toolset providers to perform transition, change management, release management, pro-active maintenance and service request to IT infrastructure and applications.
About the role
- Allocates resources and responsibilities within own area to deliver required results around cost, quality and time
- Uses appropriate processes and tools to create systems, or services, on a technical infrastructure which supports business demands, which are resilient, secure and highly available
- Develops, drives and implements continuous improvement initiatives within own area in line with a High Performing Team
- Ensures smooth operation of B2C/B2E web/mobile application environment
- Manages high severity IT B2C/B2E web/mobile incidents during office and non-office hours.
- Establishes dev-ops process to improve the end-to-end delivery efficiency.
- Ensures the application team fully understands, follows and champions the technology standards and patterns as defined within Information Management
- Defines and champions the use of the infrastructure standards, procedures and best practice within the team
- Monitors and ensures compliance to corporate control standards for quality and security
- Takes responsibility for implementation of the technical part of plans, focusing on requirements and planning to meet or exceed internal client expectations
- Interface with other IT areas, sharing technical knowledge and expertise, and resolving issues as necessary, using specialist information to enable others to deliver
- Provide technical leadership and escalation support for the resolution of incidents and problems within the production, staging and test environments
- Provides expert level support in the area of technical specialization, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution of challenges
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and distinguish users requests from the underlying business problems
- Obtain requirements signoff from both business and Information Management (IM) Stakeholders
- Communicate the proposed design solutions to the stakeholders and help to guide decisions regarding trade-offs that impact the requirements
- Shows initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies and specializations are kept up-to-date in line with industry developments for self and team
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive business and technology innovation
About the person
- Technical degree holder with minimum of 6 years IT experience, at least 1 year of IT Infrastructure / DevOps experience
- Must have professional competency in B2C/B2E web/mobile infrastructure components, with a broad understanding of other current and emerging technologies
- Ability to listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver presentations
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate informed ideas
- Focus on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behaviour
- Ability and willingness to proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive collective outcomes
- Ability to understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a well-balanced way to achieve results
- Experience in highly available, highly scalable architectures
- Passion with latest bleeding-edge technologies
- Willing to involve in application development.
- Occasional non-office hour work will be required to support the smooth operation of B2C/B2E web/mobile infrastructure and application environment.