Location Hong Kong
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 06 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
* Implement, Monitor, support/Maintain Computer Network/Systems of ADSS Shanghai * Support/backup the IT Operations of ADSS Hong Kong, when required. * Participate in Global IT Projects/tasks
Mainly responsible for the smooth operation of computer systems and network for Hong Kong and Shanghai Offices and for the provision of end user support. The role has direct and continuous interactions and communications with ADS Head Quarters (Abu Dhabi) and other ADS offices (London, Shanghai, Singapore). The role handles a lot of interactions with various nationalities, cultures and different levels of professionals from IT and other business areas.
Individual tasks vary depending on the growth of the organization and considering the expansion plans of the branches, including but not limited to,
Infrastructure Management (Servers, Networks and Disaster Recovery)
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Taking ownership of the monitoring and maintaining of computer systems and networks primarily in the ASIA region as well as the rest of the world where required
- Support the systems in the LAN/WAN infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, desktop systems, file servers and IP Telephony
- Monitoring and supporting physical and virtual servers, windows Active Directory, Physical access, CCTV, storage and backup archiving
- Troubleshooting system/network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults acting as a level 2 and level 3 engineer
- Take ownership in the development and maintenance of the Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore offices disaster recovery strategy creation in cooperation with Headquarters
- Deployment and maintenance of VM Ware Infrastructure and NUTANIX
• BSc IT or Engineering discipline
• IT experience in an International/Global Banking/Finance environment
• At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure & user support/management, working with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
• VMWARE experience and exposure important.
• NUTANIX virtual environment knowledge preferred
• Hyper-V and Virtualisation knowledge preferred
• Backup and Storage technologies knowledge important
• Cloud technologies knowledge and exposure important
• Additional Certifications: Microsoft Certifications, Cisco Certifications, etc preferred
• Experience in Trading Applications and Platforms is an added advantage.
• Any further IT accreditations an advantage