Infra Project Manager, Global Insurance firm
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD65,000 per month
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Kobe Pang
Date posted 12 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
• Works with Functional Lead to develop, design, implement and maintain project management strategy, policies, processes, frameworks and standards that are fit for purpose taking into accounts the interests of the Business Units. • Contributes to the improvement of user satisfaction with proper project management, ensuring performance and services from outsourcing suppliers and internal team remain aligned with business needs and priorities and fit for purpose. • Improves the overall technical performance of the Infrastructure Services as measured by the Technology related KPIs and SLAs (utilisation, availability, response times etc.) year on year by means of a proper project management. • Facilitates the effective and efficient deployment of project management process across the Group through the sharing with subject matter expertise, knowledge and best practices.
About the job
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of small to medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks/issues to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained; tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ensure Project Integration, Scope, Quality, Resource, Cost, Communication, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder and Time are managed.
- Ensures Project risks and issues are effectively and efficiently managed
- Ensures accuracy in the estimates made in the number of days specified on Project Service Requests and therefore manages costs
- Reviews and confirms acceptance of the project assignment brief and provide a response to the project assignment brief
- Throughout the process, provides status reporting to the stakeholders on progress against delivery plans
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and acts where deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed quality, planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
- Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
- Ensures that assigned projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate.
- Leads and/or participates in post project reviews
- Produces the post implementation report and gain agreement from service providers and the stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment of service management designs to the service models and standards.
About the person
- Acquires a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Determines a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Makes decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Applies quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Understands the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers.
- Checks progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions.
- With the assistance of the Subject Matter Expert to perform a proof of concept or prototyping exercise to demonstrate or evaluate the feasibility and potential benefits of applying appropriate technology, product or toolset to meet a business need.
- Proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE2.
- Proficient in the methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial conformance against an agreed plan.
- Familiar with the methods and techniques for negotiating contracts for the supply of IT products and services.
- Familiar with automated tools to assist in the project management process, by automating mechanical tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and time recording. Tools and techniques for risk management. Examples: Open Workbench, Microsoft Project, Agile Project Management, Scrum, Critical Project Management.
- Proficient in the methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product/work breakdown structures, base-lining, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
- Familiar with methods and techniques for managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements.
- Proficient in the identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose.