Salary HKD25000 - HKD30000 per month + Medical, 15 days pro-rata
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Kobe Pang
Date posted 18 October 2016
The position is responsible for managing and supporting the mission-critical VM virtualization desktop platform.
About the job
- Initiating corrective action to resolve system and infrastructure errors related to the VMware virtual environment
- High level understanding of end to end management of ESX hosts and allocation of resources
- Provide service and support for various Virtualization clients
- Responsible for system administrative functions to the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)/ Desktop as a Service (DaaS) support for DISA pilot unclassified and classified users.
- Responsible to support the hosting environment within a virtual machine (VM) environment using a consolidated computer, storage, and server devices over unclassified and classified networks.
- Responsible to provide, to the deployed systems, administration services, virtual machine services, directory services, virtual management services, and database services (in coordination with other operational entities).
- Maintain desktop image repository by uploading and deploying two or more DaaS images, e.g. one administrative and one standard user image, etc.
- Perform management and maintenance of VMWare server software (vCenter, Horizon View, etc).
- Maintain management and maintenance of server and desktop image, to include patching and monitoring.
- Support the configuration and operation of attached peripherals to the virtual desktop client.
- Deploy and integrate applications into the virtual desktop infrastructure
- Provision Desktops, support brokers in a load balanced environment, diagnose protocol errors, support load balancers, configure and support Profile Unity, provide user storage, diagnose Operating System and application errors, configure and support the hypervisor, etc.
- Provide, operate, and maintain Core Build Golden Image and updates associated with the Software List in support of the Virtual Desktop Environment.
About the person
- Must have 5+ years experience as a VDI Engineer or similar role
- Must have a strong understanding of vSphere and best practice methodologies related to managing and supporting a VMware virtual environment; strong understanding of the end to end ESX host build process; strong understanding of windows server management and support
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems
- Holder of VMWare VCA, VCP or VCAP (DTM)
- Knowledge of systems hardware infrastructure and systems software infrastructure
- Knowledge of core application systems and systems software infrastructure
- Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills