Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 26 October 2018 2018-10-262018-12-22 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong
OPEN TO OVERSEAS CANDIDATES A great opportunity with a large multinational banking client in Hong Kong.
- Collaborate closely with our development and product teams in our fast-paced delivery environment
- Build a modern, automated, cloud native, continuously delivered distributed system
- Manage DevOps pipeline for multiple projects and teams
- Knowledge of technology best practices for building a modern automated devops platform
- Good understand of technologies and experience in building a highly scalable and fault tolerant system
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Strong leader that can implement agile / lean practices
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket (GIT), CircleCI, Draft, Brigade, Jenkins X, Artifactory etc.
- Configuration and continuous deployment tools experience – Ansible or SaltStack or Chef or Puppet
- Strong scripting skills – Python and Bash
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience – Gcloud, AWS or Azure with terraform
- Container Management and container orchestration experience – Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana
- Good practical knowledge with SQL and NoSQL DB, PostgreSQL and Cassandra
- Strong knowledge in messaging systems like Kafka or Solace or RabbitMQ
- Strong knowledge of Linux / UNIX and TCP / IP
- Strong understanding and practice Agile / Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
- Strong English communication skills
- Highly Desirable
- Breadth of knowledge – operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing
- Familiar with Queueing Theory, BigData concepts, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Camel, Machine Learning technologies and environments
- Development experience in Java/Scala/Kotlin, Python, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY/754580.