Java Developer - VP
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 12 June 20192019-06-12 2019-08-11 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 1 2 2 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
* A senior core Java developer is required for a Tier 1 investment bank supporting the Delta One Structured Products IT group. This is a global front-office team that supports the global OTC Equity Swap Portfolio, Single Name, and Index derivative businesses. This is a development role, and we are looking for someone able to work on new business capability, run the bank fixes to the existing platform, identify and fix complex bugs, and then work out a rollout strategy.
- The role will require the candidate to work closely with the cashflow engines team to solve problems that combines both finance and technology. This is an exciting hands-on role for a self-starter who has a thirst for new challenges as well as new technologies.
- The candidate should possesses good analytical skills, strong software engineering skills, a logical approach to problem solving, be able to work in a fast paced environment liaising with demanding stakeholders to understand complex requirements, and be able to prioritize work under pressure with minimal supervision. The candidate should be a problem solver, and be able to bring with them some positivity and enthusiasm in trying to think about and offer potential solutions for architectural considerations with a “can-do” attitude.
- This is a senior role, and you would have previously demonstrated the leadership of a small or sizable team of developers, whilst demonstrating hands-on development activities too. We are looking for someone to help own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features. As part of the development cycle, you would be expected to write quality unit tests, supply documentation if relevant for new feature build outs, and be involved in the test cycle (UAT, integration, regression) for the delivery and fixing of bugs for your new features. Although the role is predominantly Java, we require someone who is flexible with the development environment. You would be expected to get involved in the Level 3 production support rota which is shared between our developers on a cycle, and to occasionally help with weekend deployment activities to deploy and verify any code changes you have been involved in.
- The team and role is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to grow, learn and develop too.
- The role requires someone who is flexible and able to respond to a dynamic business environment. The candidate must be adaptable to work across multiple technologies and disciplines, with a focus on delivering quality solutions for the business in a timely fashion. This role suits people experienced in complex data domains.
- Skills Required
- Core Java J2SE, Spring, JUnit, JMS
- Understanding of message based architectures
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Unix/Linux scripting
- Perl scripting
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Full software development lifecycle understanding
- Good software development practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
- Skills Desired
- Database performance tuning
- Knowledge of the Equity Derivative business
- Knowledge of agile software development environments