QA Automation Developer
Salary HKD40,000 - HKD65,000 per month
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A great position working with the tech arm of a major investment bank. Great team, budget and work life balance.
- To develop a strong understanding and translate the business requirements into test scenarios and test cases.
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans for financial trading, market data and RESTful web applications.
- Implement test automation and integrate with existing CI pipelines and reporting tools.
- Assist front-end and back-end developers in the troubleshooting of testing issues.
- Effectively communicate as a team player supporting the overall product development effort.
- Build frameworks for new automation solutions and write test scripts to increase coverage.
- Assist development/QA team members on writing test scripts for the automation projects.
- Maintain, support and extend existing in-house automation for different applications.
- Provide feedback on both technical and business issues to managers.
- Upgrade and maintain unit testing and integration testing environments.
Key Experience & Skills
- Prior experience in a similar banking and financial services environment with hands on exposure to testing automation domain.
- Confident in programming with Java.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in a workplace, and able to multitask in a fast-paced team environment.
- You are an independent, quick learner and effective communicator.
- Strong written and verbal communication. Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Bash, Perl, Python – preferred.
- Experience with source control tools – preferred.
- Experience in automation frameworks – preferred.
- Prior experience in writing in-house solutions for QA automation of server-side applications – preferred.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and software testing methodologies – preferred.
- Experience with SQL – preferred.
- Experience with Web application – preferred.