Data Scientist and Data Engineer
Salary HKD40,000 - HKD60,000 per month + 12 Als
Location Hong Kong Island
Consultant Vivianyw Tsang
Date posted 06 October 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A reputable retail bank is now hiring a data scientist as well as a data engineer to join their COE data team. Successful incumbent should possess strong data modelling skills. For Data Engineer, they should possess good spark / hadoop for building the data pipeline.
- Break down business problems and recompose them in formulations that are solvable by analytical techniques and modelling
- Work with data analysts and engineers to identify, process and wrangle the data
- Evaluate experiment outcomes to draw actionable conclusions
- Present key findings and actionable recommendations to senior management and other stakeholders
- Work with tech teams to deploy data models across different channels, customer and back office platforms
- Lead and train data analysts and junior data scientists on advanced analytics and model building tools and techniques
- 3-5 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and/or analytics experience.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, predictive/prescriptive analytics, and optimization algorithms
- Experience in data wrangling, analytics, transformation, feature engineering and modelling using programming tools such as Python, Spark or R.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience with Cantonese / Mandarin Text Analytics is an advantage