Front Office Developer – Java/Scala
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Paul Byrne
Date posted 03 August 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The Equity Derivatives business is driving an aggressive programme of change, which will see the implementation of a new global processing platform for Vanilla and Exotic Structured OTC Derivatives, encompassing pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle processing, affirmation, confirmation, collateral management and settlement. The role is for a highly skilled developer, flexible to do both Server side and UI, to work on the development of this core global Derivatives system. This will require close interaction with Sales, Trading, Quants, and Operations, globally, as well as with colleagues working on the related user interface and the database, operating within a highly agile test-driven development environment.
• Working with IT colleagues globally across a number of front / middle / back-end systems and teams.
• Involvement in the full development lifecycle of the project.
• Coordination with the global team on new features and driving the future direction of the system.
• This role represents an excellent opportunity to work closely with front office users and learn an exciting and complex business area.
• The candidate should have ideally (1-5 Junior) or (7+ Senior) years experience with design and development in Java/Scala, an aptitude to understand complex trading systems and good problem-solving abilities. A keen interest in the latest development tools and an excitement for technology and business is also expected.
We are looking for technologists who are looking to build the best trading / front office platforms with design aspects catering to scalability, throughput and resilience. The successful candidate will be hands-on developer, commercially focused, have excellent communication skills, and will be able to demonstrate a strong delivery track record.
• Java: in-depth understanding of multi-threading, data structures
• Excellent programming skills
• Excellent communication
Following skills are not mandatory, but desirable:
• Scala / Functional Programming
• Experience with UI development (C#, WPF)
• Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Agile exposure, TDD/BDD, CI/Jenkins
• Scripting languages like Python / Perl
• SQL / databases experience with RDBMS
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY728110