KDB or C++ Developer Associate position
Salary Very attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Heather Granados
Date posted 21 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Join a Tier-1 US Financial Institution as a Developer (KDB or C++ preferred).
Overview of Role
The Index and Structured E-Trading Practice Area is recruiting a technologist preferrably with experience in a front office sales and trading environment to join its global team of developers. A successful candidate will have good C++ knowledge, system integration experience, balanced with development experience in other technologies such as C#/Java, Perl, SQL, XML/SOAP, KDB, etc. We are most interested in people who have thorough understanding of the flows in their area of business expertise and are eager to learn. Good communication is also critical.
The role involves hands-on development in C++ with a strong focus on FIX-based order management and will offer challenging opportunities to develop business knowledge and technical skills through delivering projects across the various product lines of the Structured Products business. The goal for this group is to consolidate the largely diversified platform through a series of business focused, iterative projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the colleagues around the globe while helping on the regional deliveries.
- 3-5 years core development experience with proficiency in C++ skills
- Solid software engineering principles (data structures & algorithms, OO, SOLID, design patterns, multithreading, networking)
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of a scripting language; Python and/or Perl preferred
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in test driven development and frameworks like GTest
- Working database knowledge (SQL, stored procs, schema design)
- Experience designing and developing large scale distributed client/server systems a bonus
- Front Office (Sales & Trading) development experience
- Knowledge of FIX protocol related to order management
- Project management abilities
- Experience with Git and Git workflows