Techincal Application Support
Salary Very attractive
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Heather Granados
Date posted 21 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Seeking a Technical Application Support Analyst to provide hands on technical support and post-mortem root cause analysis using ITIL standards of Incident Management, Service Request fulfillment, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management.
- Provide hands on technical support and post-mortem root cause analysis using ITIL standards of Incident Management, Service Request fulfillment, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management.
- Build up technical subject matter expertise on the applications being supported including business flows, application architecture, and hardware configuration. Maintain documentation, knowledge articles, and runbooks.
- Conduct real time monitoring to ensure application SLAs are achieved and maximum application availability (up time) using an array of monitoring tools.
- Assist in the process to approve application code releases as well as tasks assigned to support to perform. Keep key stakeholders informed using communication templates.
- Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure, and third party systems / data providers & vendors.
- Approach support with a proactive attitude, desire to seek root cause, in-depth analysis, and strive to reduce inefficiencies and manual efforts.
- 2+ years’ experience for an analyst or 4+ years for an associate providing hands on IT support and interacting with application end users.
- Preferred: Experience in an investment bank, financial institution or large corporation using enterprise hardware and software.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline
We are looking for candidates with the following technical competencies:
- Oracle query creation, execution, and efficient usage of SQL Developer or similar (i.e. Toad)
- Control-M enterprise scheduling or equivalent scheduling tool for batch runs.
- Red Hat Linux – searching logs, process commands, start/stop processes, use of OS commands to aid in tasks needed to resolve or investigate issues. Shell scripting knowledge is must.
- Understanding of Java (J2SE), J2EE technology is a plus.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Heather Granados at Robert Walters on +852 2103 5368 or Heather.Granados@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference ZYB/674790