VP - Data Scientist
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Eddie Wang
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-05 2019-09-03 it Hong Kong HK HKD 60000 80000 80000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Leading financial services group is undergoing digital transformation and seeking experienced data scientist to join their dedicated team to automate business processes and create Alpha opportunities.
- Design algorithms, build models, and prototype solutions for multiple projects.
- Work closely with infrastructure providers to translate prototypes into production solutions.
- Use machine learning and large-scale data mining techniques to discover and identify actionable patterns in data and develop hypotheses and models
- Design hypothesis tests, oversee execution, and perform rigorous statistical evaluation of the results to produce actionable insights
- Manage stakeholders and guide them in unlocking the value in their data
- Use a scientific method and strive for positive results at all times, balanced with working in an ‘Agile’ way to achieve rapid turnaround.
- Travel will be involved infrequently
- Strong academic background with a Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
- PhD preferred
- Hands-on experience in the research, design and evaluation of machine learning approaches (regression, clustering, SVM, neural networks and dimensionality reduction techniques) to solve real world problems.
- KDB in memory relational database experience preferred
- Experience with building and normalising data
- Proficiency in Python; with familiarity in ML packages such as Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data analysis platform such as Apache Spark and experience of semantic queries and Graph data models
- Ability to write clean, scalable, production-ready code.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a non-technical audience and a keen interest in understanding business requirements
- Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities products is preferred
- Inquisitive nature with an eagerness to investigate and fully understand products, processes and issues.
- Level fitment will be based on candidates' relevant experience and qualification