Big Data Engineer
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Eddie Wang
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-05 2019-09-03 it Hong Kong HK HKD 40000 45000 45000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Local conglomerate is seeking a big data engineer to join their AI innovation team.
- Understand data scientists needs, ensuring:
- Data Scientists have the data available
- Data is store in the data lake
- Data is cleaned and prepared for data modelling.
- Feature engineering is done: this is key for this role
- Automate the ETL process and everything from the data sources access, data collection to data lake storage and pre-modelling process.
- Focus on model building, ensuring:
- Precision and accuracy by doing all the activities to make sure data scientist can build the algorithms and models
- Collaborate and manage the implementation process, both on existing business apps and creating and developing new applications that meet business needs
- Define project plan and the required resources and activities: ETL automation, time, software and hardware, others
- Productionalise the solutions deployed, ensuring they can be replicable and re-usable by other business areas and overseas.
- Define the workflow to maintain, refresh, update and improve every solution deployed, ensuring data are available model performance and model value at all the time.
- A recognised university degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in the exploitation of Big Data, data processing, data cleansing, data preparation, featuring engineering and AI implementation processes.
- Strong data engineering skills with demonstrated expertise in managing data quality challenges through engagement of stakeholders to applying different imputation approaches.
- Demonstrate to understand and improve business performance in at least one major industry vertical or consulting company.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of either: Cloud computing, ETL, Data Lake, Data Models, implementation processes and other topics related.
- Used to working on Hadoop, Spark, Hortonworks and SQL and the following open source “analytics” tools: R, Python, Pyspark, Numpay, Tensor Flow and additional scripting capabilities.
- Demonstrate experience in applying Big Data in Linux environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and people skills, including the ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritise between competing opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, with a high standard in written and spoken English.