Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Eddie Wang
Date posted 14 August 20192019-08-14 2019-10-13 it Hong Kong HK HKD 50000 55000 55000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Global retail client is seeking talented analytics manager to drive regional consumer/marketing analytics strategy through design and execution of actionable, consumer-focused analytics. This role will be the in-house expert in producing and presenting advanced analytical and reporting output that is easy to understand with a focus on actions based on business questions.
• Based on consumer data analytics (i.e. customer purchase behavior analysis, portfolio review, pre/post campaign analysis, competitor analysis, media spend), provide strategic insights and recommendations to drive actions for brands to and formulate their marketing and consumer focused strategies and support regional and global analytics projects
• Production of analytical output and projects to answer business questions using any tools at your disposal
• Develop reports and data visualizations based on business needs
• Identify specific areas where advanced analytics can support the business strategy e.g.
o Targeting for the Acquisition of new consumers
o Activation of new consumers/prospects
o Retention of existing consumers
o Reactivation of lapsed consumers
o Insights into ideal number of touches and channel mix
o Delivering better ROI on consumer communication
• Independently manage analytics related projects. Prepare project specifications for analysis that clearly outline -
o Objective and expected outcome in terms of specific deliverables
o Required inputs – Management support (User commitment, data, resources, technology, etc.)
o Cost, time and quality implications
o Project management and quality assurance
o Communication plan
o Rollout and post-implementation execution
• Determine the need utilize current agencies, and when to engage with new agencies when required for specific projects.
• Ability to manage agency delivery in terms of timely and accurate outputs.
• Co-ordinate with in-house IT experts as required
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement and adaptation of the Analytics, CRM and Consumer strategy at the affiliate and regional level
• Mentor and educate corporate marketing, brand function team members across the region on how to leverage Consumer Analytics.
• University Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Marketing (with a focus on analysis) or related numerical disciplines
• Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience
• Strong ability to derive actionable insights from data to answer business questions
• Ability to leverage and understand interdependencies between multiple sources of data to derive contextual insights based on business needs. Data sources including: CRM, Social, Digital Marketing, Media/Advertising Spend, Competitor/Industry Data
• Ability to leverage data analytics and visualization tools to make data easy for stakeholders of all levels to interpret
• Business Intelligence (BI) methods and techniques
• Strong verbal and visual presentation skills and ability to fully leverage Microsoft 365 suite
• Production of multivariate statistics using statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS or R to produce advanced statistical/data mining methods would be advantageous
• Understanding or involvement in the specialist retail analytics would be advantageous.
o Marketing mix modeling
o Price volume analysis
o Known value item analysis
A fundamental understanding of the following concepts:
• CRM methods and techniques such as
o Campaign management / marketing automation
o Promotion tracking and reporting (including control groups)
o Online marketing, e-commerce and web analytics
o Loyalty program design and measurement
• Consumer data base design and data extraction techniques (knowledge of SQL is an advantage)
• Multi-touch, multi-channel marketing (Traditional/Digital Advertising, Social, direct mail, email, SMS/MMS, etc)