Content Protection Investigator
Salary Attractive Package
Location Sheung Wan
Consultant Holly Chan
Date posted 21 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Great opportunity to join the world leading content protection company. You will be responsible for investigation, analysis and reporting on copyright infringement.
- Develop and execute investigation tactics according to the global Internet enforcement strategy to identify individuals and organizations involved in (the facilitation of) copyright infringement.
- Conduct detailed investigations of Internet targets and online content, review technical infrastructure, analyse investigative results, deliver complete investigative reports and recommend appropriate handling and resolution of the case.
- Analyse and track online trends involving advances in technology.
- Coordinate investigations with the MPA/A legal departments globally and provide investigative support in any legal matters.
- Present, both orally and in writing, the results of investigations to internal staff, MPA/A members, attorneys, industry partners, and law enforcement agencies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with MPA/A members, industry partners, and law enforcement agencies.
- Provide court testimony and declarations in support of criminal and civil cases generated by investigative action.
- Provide training, guidance and technical support to internal staff as well as MPA/A members, industry partners and law enforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Basic understanding of computer crimes statutes and copyright law is advantageous
- Good knowledge of the following areas: website structure (source code analysis and operation), Python scripting, TCP/IP, Internet routing, HTTP(S), DNS, Internet infrastructure at ISP level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level of work ethics and integrity especially on maintaining confidential information
- Strong analytical skills to manage large amount of data and can draw meaningful conclusion
- Able to meet deadlines while working with multiple priorities
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as within a team
- Fluent communication, both written and spoken, in English and Chinese