Cloud network engineer-Virtual Bank
Salary HKD600,000 - HKD1,000,000 per annum + Full fringe benefit
Location Hong Kong IslandCONTRACTOR
Consultant June Tam
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-01-04 it 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Our client is a leading international bank which is building up its virtual banking team. This role will focus on designing and provisioning their network operations.
About the role :
- Ensure our Cloud Network platform and proposed solutions are fit for operational purposes, fully documented and monitored
- Technical lead in incident calls, taking ownership of resolution
- To ensure that existing and new systems conform to our networking standards
- Be a team player & lead creative initiatives to enhance the capability of the domain
- Focus on service stability and technological excellence.
- To maintain an expert knowledge within the team of technology and industry trends in relation to business requirements, and the direction of the company.
About the person:
- Graduate Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
- Over 8 years of in-depth, hands-on working knowledge in Network/Security technology and operational experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in cloud networking
- In depth technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Network fundamentals, STP, VXLAN, OSPF, BGP, IP Multicast, DNS, ADC & Load Balancing
- SDN concepts with experience and knowledge of Cisco ACI, VM Ware NSX Nutanix
- Secure Connectivity concepts – Firewalling, Segmentation, Internet & B2B flows
- Application Connectivity – QOS concepts and data flow analysis for network optimisation
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – knowledge of EC2, VPC, Architecture (Security Groups/ACLS, Routing Tables, Route53, ELB, etc), Storage concepts (EBS/S3/Glacier), Multi-region / Multi AZ zero downtime architecture
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - knowledge of Compute Engine, VPC, Storage concepts (GCS)
- Experience supporting infrastructure in a DevOps environment
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Self-starter, who can work independently
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills