HR Manager, APAC - E-commence Luxury Retail
Salary HKD30,000 - HKD50,000 per month + With Medical + Annual LeaveCONTRACTOR
Consultant Phoenix Chen
Date posted 31 October 2018 2018-10-312018-11-30 retail 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong
A well-established fast-growing Luxury E-commerce company that covers close to 200 countries across the world is looking for a talented and passionate HR Manager, APAC to join their HK APAC office.
As a HR Manager - APAC:
Reporting to the HR Director, you’ll be part of an exciting HR team, focused on being the best in the industry, and by joining us, you will help shape what this looks like for yourself, as well as for the wider team. A great relationship builder, a creative thinker and a delivery-focused manager, you will help and inspire our people to grow.
• Develop and deliver strategic and operational people plans. Managing execution and evaluating success to support delivery of HR Roadmap and continuously improve organisational capability.
• Lead larger scale HR initiatives and programmes to ensure their successful delivery across the business
• Lead, guide and coach local HR team – demonstrating the YNAP values in all you do
• Manage rapid business growth specifically the effect on organisational structure, culture, headcount, payroll, working practices and employee relations
• Collaborate with peers within the HR Management team to define strategic HR initiatives and HR roadmap
• Continuously review, improve and implement operating standards and best practice in terms of HR services levels to staff and managers
• Work proactively and directly with the business and line managers to help them achieve results through their people plans
• Build a profile of business needs and organisational structure
• Ensure effective staff communication of change and projects. Promoting YNAP values and ethos. Developing methods of informal communication. Listening to and providing advice and counselling to staff as required. Attending staff social events.
• Pro-actively encouraging inter-site communication to develop a cohesive group of individuals working as part of the greater YNAP family.
• Create a great employer brand and enviable work environment
• Work with the Recruitment team to recruit qualified and talented individuals to benefit the business
• Identify skills and training needs in conjunction with Managers
• Coach Managers in talent management, employee relations and performance management. Working with other members of the HK teams to design and deliver management workshops and coaching sessions
• Proactively manage performance issues with the individuals and their manager; managing and advising on disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Oversee internal mobility, management skills development and career development for high potentials
• Manage performance and salary review process
• Review reward strategies against market and making recommendations to support retention
• Keep appraised of changes in Labour Laws and implementing necessary actions for compliance including policies and staff communication
• Manage collective consultation processes
• With HR Director and department managers, prepare annual staffing budget.
• Attend resources planning meetings and reviewing headcount model for variable headcount. Contributing to capacity planning process.
• Review working structures to ensure maximum productivity and efficient use of resources such as space
• Manage the local headcount budget. Review and/ or approve hiring request and salary change proposals. Reviewing cost centre performance against budget for staffing costs
• Approve staff welfare and entertainment requests
• Bachelor Degree educated, qualified or working towards relevant HR qualification.
• Strong generalist HR experience including operational experience within a technology, media or fashion retail environment
• A proven track record of positively managing labour relations, disciplinary issues and disputes, specifically during organisational change and development.
• Previous experience working in a high-growth, high volume, branded environment, desirable but not essential
• Exceptional communication in both written and face to face and are great at developing rapport and manging conflict, resulting in productive relations with individuals and groups
• Charisma and are able to lead change and drive engagement, proven track record of developing and implementing inspiring retention strategies
• Discretion, professionalism and are articulate, with excellent writing skills and a good eye for detail
• Exceptionally well organised, numerate and efficient with a good dose of common sense and initiative
• The ability to use judgement and seek guidance with confidential issues
• A great sense of humour, empathy and work ethic
• Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
• Foresight and able to show initiative/ ideas to constantly improve the HR service to the business