Payroll Specialist (Contract)
Salary HKD19,000 - HKD20,000 per month
Location Hong Kong IslandCONTRACTOR
Consultant Joyce Tse
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-042019-01-03 education-and-training 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
A large multinational with a strong presence in Asia is looking for a payroll specialist to support the senior members of the payroll team. Role purpose: * The role ensures that the payroll, local tax return and pension process is in line with accounting and HR practices, corporate policies, and local statutory, employment and tax compliance regulations. * This role supports the Hong Kong HR and finance and management team in payroll, salary tax and pension related functions and business matters
- Manage end-to-end monthly payroll process which include but not limited the following activities:
- Audit and reconcile wide range and personnel actions and payroll documents for a sizeable employees across the region.
- Prepare monthly payroll data
- Process new hires, changes, additional earnings data from the HR system of record to the payroll system
- Prepare PF/MPF contribution for local employees and National Insurance contribution for employees hired from the UK, if applicable.
- Maintain accurate payroll records for teaching staff, including substitution, leave, timetable, and produce accurate monthly management reports, e.g. substitution report, sickness report, turnover report
- Administrate the MPF and rental reimbursement schemes, collecting and processing the relevant forms including enrolment, change request, termination and recording transactions on the HRIS system.
• Receives and responds to internal enquiries from/to employees and be a point of reference on queries relating to payroll.
Relationship & stakeholder management:
• Proactively communicates and liaises with Human Resources to ensure effective coordination and delivery of payroll
Managing self & others:
• Plans and prioritises own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon
• At least 3-4 years of payroll and HR experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines
• Fluent in English and Cantonese (Mandarin is a plus)
Role Specific Skills (if any):
• Understanding and ability to apply general compliance standards.
• Ability to apply accounting principles to accurately record financial transactions and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
• Excellent skills using Excel
• Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines