Model Risk Manager
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 08 September 2022hong-kong banking-financial-services/risk-credit-mkt-operational 2022-09-08 2022-11-07 financial-services Hong Kong HK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are hiring for a global financial institute for a model risk validation manger. Working in a dynamic group office, you will be looking after a broad range of models, responsible for developing and embedding the Model Risk Policy and providing independent assurance and validation of the accuracy and appropriateness of key models used across the group.
- Contributing to ‘fit for purpose’ assessment of different models used for risk and capital management
- Performing validation and preparing opinions on the calibration of the models
- Providing opinions on model changes to provide assurance to the Board
- Assisting the producing of the model validation report including consolidation of BU model validation reports
- Supporting the review and validation of models identified as Group critical tools, used for a variety of purposes, including valuation and new business pricing.
- Supporting with managing and preparing papers for the group technical committee
- Preparing monthly/quarterly model risk management information (“MI”) and papers for submission to the Board
- Performing any additional ad-hoc analysis required by senior management to gain comfort with some aspects of risk-based decision making.
- Performing analytical reviews of key business practices and models throughout the Group, with the ability to independently test and reproduce some of the calculations through the use of alternative methods.
- An academic background in engineering, statistics, mathematics, statistics etc
- Prior experience of internal model validation or audit is preferable.
- Understanding of the components of an insurance balance sheet, the risks to which insurers are exposed and how they are modelled.
- Good understanding of economic valuation techniques as well as capital calculations.
- Good understanding of the key features of life insurance products and the types of risks associated with them. An international perspective on products and market characteristics would be an advantage.
- Strong documentation and verbal communication skills, both to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- A team player and flexible to adapt to a fluid environment.
- Ability to communicate with confidence to stakeholders, both at the Group and Business Unit levels
Salary: HKD40,000 - HKD50,000 per monthLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 26 September 2022-
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 23 September 2022The Role Overview: The role will be responsible for monitoring internal and external events. The analyst collates and updates risk relevant data to form ongoing risk assessments and to support decision-making in a crisis. This is a 1 year renewable contract with a leading Investment Bank.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 06 September 2022Our Client is a fast growing InsurTech company with excellent reputation. Their Hong Kong office is looking to hire a Senior Associate to join their Finance team. This role will be a 12 month contract with possible extension.
Salary: Annual Leave 16, MedicalLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 05 September 2022An international investment bank. Currently seeking a Trade Support on a one-year, renewable contract with a chance to convert to a permanent position.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 12 August 2022Working in the risk modelling team you will be mainly looking after credit risk models development and validation strategies, risk models validation.