Market Risk Associate - Data and Analytics
Salary HKD25,000 - HKD50,000 per month + Fringe
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Tara Lam
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-09-28 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 25000 50000 50000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A renowned financial service company is looking for a 12 months contractor to join their Surveillance team. The person will focus on data and trend analysis and be participating in projects in this role. Candidates with experience Market Risk, Traded Risk, Operations and Big 4 can be considered. The role is opened for Associate and AVP level depending on experience. Please apply here if you are interested to finding out more!
- Monitor surveillance alerts and reports generated in SMARTS system for equities and derivatives products
- Investigation on market abuse resulting from surveillance alerts and/or dealing referrals of suspicious behavior
- Prepare surveillance statistics and analysis for routine and ad-hoc reporting to management
- Participate in market surveillance projects such surveillance system enhancement
- Assist with compiling, reviewing and maintaining internal policies and procedures to high standard
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines.
- Open for Big 4 candidates with securities/brokerage firms client base (will be considered on Associate Level)
- Around 2 - 8 years of experience in a previous compliance surveillance or monitoring role
- Experience in using surveillance strategy or various surveillance exception reporting platforms such as SMARTS is an advantage
- Good understanding trading rules and trading systems is mandatory
- Work independently to make certain decisions and be flexible to take on new responsibility or challenge
- Able to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to handle large data set using MS Excel, MS Access and other similar applications, with strong attention to details.
- Knowledge of using industry wide systems (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters) is an advantage
- Experience in dealing with regulators
- Previous front office role, risk management, middle office with knowledge from front to back trade processing flows and systems would be advantageous
- Good exposure to a wide variety of financial instrument types, including equities, fixed income, rates and currencies
- Good understanding of the current market abuse regime and the forthcoming regulatory changes
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, solid communication and presentation skills
This is a renowned financial institution.