Regional Risk Manager
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Rosanne Wong
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 insurance Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Support the Director of Operational Risk Management in delivering the PCA Operational Risk framework and culture that supports the strategic goals of the Group, PCA and its Local Business Unit activities
- Support the Director of Operational Risk Management in delivering the PCA Operational Risk framework and culture that supports the strategic goals of the Group, PCA and its Local Business Unit activities including:
- Operational risk training.
- Recommending enhancements to the PCA operational risk management framework.
- Provision of ad hoc support to Group Head Office, PCA and Local Business Units in the development of risk management and risk awareness.
- Perform detailed reviews of material internal operational risk incidents (including risk appetite flags) and ensure root causes have been identified, mitigated and appropriate actions tracked/implemented.
- Support the Director of Operational Risk to implement/maintain a fit for purpose Risk framework and a strong risk culture across PCA
- Support the Director of Operational Risk to deliver Operational Risk Capital assessment.
- Lead the identification and monitoring of PCA risks on the horizon.
- Support the RHO and Local Business Units in the understanding and management of operational risks
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of operational processes and risk 'hot topics' and privacy across local business units by assessing the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Leverage knowledge and best practice across BU’s and LBU’s
- Bachelor / Master’s degree. Relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- 8+ year’s experience with well-developed exposure and understanding of operational risk management and/or audit within the Financial Services industry
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to work to deadlines and cope with competing demands
- Strong verbal and written English skills. Conversational proficiency in Cantonese/Mandarin is advantageous but not essential
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact / influence stakeholders
- Ability to undertake independent analysis and research
- Good organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail