AVP, Market Risk - Data and Analytics
Location Hong KongCONTRACTOR
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-05 2019-08-04 banking Hong Kong HK HKD 30000 50000 50000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Role Overview: The Market Risk AVP - Data and Analytics (Equities) will be responsible for daily surveillance activities, market abuse investigation and participate in market surveillance system enhancement project. This is a 1-year contract with a leading financial institution. Big 4 applicants are welcome with securities/brokerage financial services clients and these applicants will be considered for Associate level.
- Monitor surveillance alerts and reports generated in SMARTS system for equities and derivatives products
- Investigation on market abuse resulting from surveillance alerts and/or dealing referrals of suspicious behavior
- Prepare surveillance statistics and analysis for routine and ad-hoc reporting to management
- Participate in market surveillance projects such surveillance system enhancement
- Assist with compiling, reviewing and maintaining internal policies and procedures to high standard
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines.
- Open for Big 4 candidates with securities/brokerage firms client base (will be considered on Associate Level)
- Around 3 - 8 years of experience in a previous compliance surveillance or monitoring role
- Experience in using surveillance strategy or various surveillance exception reporting platforms such as SMARTS is an advantage
- Good understanding trading rules and trading systems is mandatory
- Work independently to make certain decisions and be flexible to take on new responsibility or challenge
- Able to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to handle large data set using MS Excel, MS Access and other similar applications, with strong attention to details.
- Knowledge of using industry wide systems (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters) is an advantage
- Experience in dealing with regulators
- Previous front office role, risk management, middle office with knowledge from front to back trade processing flows and systems would be advantageous
- Good exposure to a wide variety of financial instrument types, including equities, fixed income, rates and currencies
- Good understanding of the current market abuse regime and the forthcoming regulatory changes
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, solid communication and presentation skills
This is a renowned financial institution.