SVP, Cards and Unsecured Lending, Business Risk
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 29 March 20192019-03-29 2019-05-28 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Report directly to the Head of Risk Management and manage a team of Cards and Unsecured Lending credit analysts including VPs to closely monitor Cards and Unsecured Portfolios performance and implement actions to optimise risk-reward outcome.
- Report directly to the Head of Risk Management and manage a team of Cards and Unsecured Lending credit analysts including VPs to closely monitor Cards and Unsecured Portfolios performance and implement actions to optimise risk-reward outcome.
- Establish, validate and refine the Risk Appetite Framework (RAF) for Cards and key unsecured lending products according to the group Risk Appetite Statement and assure acquisition and portfolio management strategy are well defined and focused in line with Business Strategy and RAF.
- Develop and continue to strengthen prevailing portfolio risk governance and control are meeting the heightened regulatory expectation through instilling proper risk culture and well-established policies, procedures and processes to embrace responsible finance principle.
- Developing, monitor and optimise utilisation of various credit decision tools such as Credit Scorecards, Segmentation Models, Credit Bureau, Decision Engine etc. for credit assessment, portfolio actions and safeguard portfolio quality to ensure an optimal risk/reward trade off per the established RAF and corporate hurdles.
- Manage any impacts resulting from a shift in external environmental/regulatory change (e.g. Positive Data Sharing, Bankruptcy Ordinance Enactment, Data Privacy Ordinance etc.).
- Riding on advanced risk analytics to manage & optimise end-to-end consumer credit cycle including product development, acquisition, account management, collection policies & processes such as target market, product features, credit line management, renewal, authorisation, over-limit, early warning alerts, stress test, collection strategy etc.
- Direct oversight on Credit Operation Functions including Credit Underwriting, Authorisation, Fraud Management, Collection etc. to assure execution is in full adherence with prevailing policies and procedures and meeting the regulatory, audit and internal operation expectation/standards.
- Closely monitor economic & social environmental factors that would impact to portfolio credit performance and develop pro-active counteract or mitigation actions.
- Ensure all credit processes are in compliance with company policies and requirements set out by the local as well as lead regulator through effective execution of control programs such as self-assessment, Quality Assurance Framework, Manager and Control Awareness process.
- Coordinate with Credit Bureau to oversee and manage the end-to-end bureau process such as data contribution, regular bureau scrub, data integrity check, validation on effectiveness of bureau attributes / scores
- Collaborate with other functions such as Product, Credit operations, Technology etc. to drive various business initiatives and proper execution on risk control and policy actions.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop staffs to build bench-strength of the team to drive best-in-class Risk Management.
- Bachelor or Post-graduate degree in Business or other related quantitative disciplines.
- At least 15 years of portfolio risk management experience in Cards and Unsecured Lending Products with proven track record in team management
- Experience in managing statistical tools such as credit scorecard and decision engines.
- Self-initiative, good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and influence others, strong sense of compliance and control awareness.
- Highly analytical and ability to proactively manage evolving challenges is a must.
- Presentable and high proficiency in English. Ability to speak Cantonese is preferable.
- Sound knowledge in MS word / Excel / Power Point, is a basic.