Credit Quality Assurance Manager
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 03 January 2019 2019-01-032019-03-04 banking Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The position of Credit Quality Assurance Manager is a role within the Loan Review function in Wholesale business in bank. The function is an independent pro-active risk management role within the second line of defense with the responsibility to perform comprehensive risk assessments on credit risk profile and credit management process for the Asia region.
Job Overview / Purpose:
- The position of Credit Quality Assurance Manager is a role within the Loan Review function in Wholesale business in bank. The function is an independent pro-active risk management role within the second line of defense with the responsibility to perform comprehensive risk assessments on credit risk profile and credit management process for the Asia region. The incumbent performs credit reviews to assess the credit risk profile of individual credit facilities / borrowers and its process quality, and conducts portfolio reviews to assess portfolio quality and compliance with overall credit risk management process, in collaboration with the Enterprise Risk Management function/CRO. The incumbent reports on the results (findings and recommendations) of scheduled credit review activities.
- In the Asia region, the Wholesale business operates out of 5 locations (Hong Kong, China, Singapore, India and Indonesia). Within Wholesale WRR, Wholesale business is structured around two primary revenue-generating business groups – Global Corporate Clients (GCC) and Global Wholesale Product Clients (GWPC). GCC is comprised of client coverage, loan product delivery, Mergers & Acquisitions, Asset-Based Finance (ABF), International Desk and F&A Research (FAR). GWPC is comprised of Acquisition Finance (AF), Project & Export Finance (PEF), Trade & Commodity Finance (TCF) and Markets.
- The role operates within a robust risk framework and culture where the business takes first line responsibility.
- The Loan Review function operates in a regional context and supports the Head of Risk Assurance and Control, Asia and Regional & Country CROs in ensuring the effective independent second line risk assurance and control for the locations across Asia.
- Perform comprehensive risk assessments (Credit and Non-financial risks) and testing of credit portfolio, including:
- Determining the completeness, consistency and accuracy of the risk parameter determination and non-financial risk assessments;
- Compliance of lending to credit approval process, credit authorities and other internal & external regulations for individual transactions;
- Checks data quality (completeness, accuracy and consistency) and integrity of data entered in all systems (a.o. capital, facility exposure, collateral, etc.)
- Fill in the review sheet per review;
- Prepare work papers, document evaluations, tests, results and formulate concise conclusions and recommendations; Report to business counterparty and to relevant risk officers
- Provides an opinion on the quality of the credit proposal
- On a monthly / quarterly basis, reports findings from performed loan reviews to relevant stakeholders
- Annual review of the loan review procedure and policy
- In conjunction with the Enterprise Risk Management Officer/CRO, the Loan Reviewer contributes to conducting portfolio reviews
- Assists with second-line testing on control effectiveness related to credit and other relevant risk processes
- Key Relationships:
- 1st line business within Wholesale business
- Risk Officers
- Other support departments within the Bank as required (Compliance, Legal, Tax, Operational Risk, etc.)
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Actively manage the Loan Review plan to ensure that it is completed.
- Number and quality of loan reviews performed.
- Ensure that all reviews are conducted in compliance with the standards and are regulatory compliant.
- Relationship with main stakeholders.
- Maintain and build a relevant in- and external network.
- Internal feedback from 1st line business, 2nd line stakeholders and Audit.
- Core competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Result Focus
- Independent and challenging
- Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of financing concepts;
- Understanding credit risk review techniques;
- Strong understanding of credit processes and system controls, including control procedures and principles;
- Legal, tax and accounting knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in credit risk management, credit audit or similar; Good command of the English language.