Associate / VP, Credit Analyst (FIG)
Salary Attractive Bonus + Package
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Clara Shing
Date posted 11 October 2018 2018-10-112018-12-10 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An VP role has just landed in an French multinational banking and financial firm base in Hong Kong.
• Conduct first level credit analysis for FI & NBFI (ex-Hedge funds) counterparts by preparing concise, critical and well supported credit proposals.
• Recommend credit limits in a partnership relationship with bankers/sales/structuring team based on the bank’s risk appetite and client’s credit profile.
• Conduct periodic credit facility renewal and maintain clear and updated documentation in all credit files including financial statements, financial spreading, credit
• applications, validation records, internal and external correspondence.
• Expedite and monitor the credit approval process by liaising with bankers/sales/structuring team and approval officers.
• Review and assess counterpart’s credit risk rating at least annually, or as driven by special events, based on internal and external ratings and analytical tools.
• Manage a portfolio of FI counterparties keeping credit files up to date, covering Asian countries, particularly in Greater China.
• Be actively involved in the preparation/negotiation of capital markets legal documentation, including ISDA, VMCSA, GMSLA, GMRA
Key Skills Areas & Knowledge Required:
• 8+ years solid experience in FI or Corporate counterparty credit analysis;
• Knowledge of capital market products including equity derivatives products, ISDA (International Swaps & Derivatives Association) / CSA (Credit Support Annex) documentation, GMRA, GMSLA, trade finance, asset backed financing is a definite advantage.
• Good command of both English and Chinese (including Mandarin) is a must
• Mature, self-learning, good communicator and co-operative work behavior to engage various stakeholders.
• Degree in relevant discipline from a recognised university (MBA or other professional qualifications such as CFA is preferred)