Operational Risk Manager
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 12 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The operational risk manager will sit in CCO Office focusing on improving and strengthening global markets operation control environment driven out of Hong Kong to other parts of Asia Pacific. This is a control towards next July 2019.
- Support global markets operations in executing and embedding of internal policy and risk governance, incident management and escalation, operational loss identification and management, Internal and external reviews, organising and governance of local or global meetings, among others.
- Provide independent control reviews within Hong Kong and Asia Pacific, and to conduct testing to ensure best practise and consistency.
- Produce meaningful management recommendations based upon assessment and to agree on management actions.
- Implements appropriate risk governance and reporting practices to ensure oversight of key risk and control issues impacting global markets operations globally.
- Drive cross product, multi location risk initiatives, thematic risk reviews and other remediation and assurance work that delivers concrete risk reduction or mitigation.
- Ensure a sustainable control framework is embedded to prevent re-occurrence of risk issues.
- Degree in any discipline.
- Previous experience in audit or operational risk functions gained within a financial institution or investment banking environment. Experience in global markets or treasury functions would be a distinct advantage.
- A sound understanding of the different global markets products such as Forex, Money Markets, Derivatives and Securities.
- Strong people management, organizational and planning skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills and the ability to achieve results through diplomacy.
- Excellent computer skills such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a leading bank with a strong global presence.