Private Banking Credit Specialist
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 27 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The private banking credit specialist will be responsible for credit analysis, approval, reporting, discussion with front line team or other relevant internal stakeholders. This is a 6-month initial contract with a leading investment bank.
- Manage credit portfolio on a regular basis
- Conduct in-depth risk analysis of client, transaction structure and collateral for the purpose of identifying their suitability for leverage and to proactively help to mitigate the risks of transactions, referencing to credit policies, guidelines and credit manuals.
- Prepare the write-ups for credit decisions in the specified format, engage and discuss the credit issues with Credit Management as required
- Exercise credit judgement and submit credit approvals of credit structures in compliance with risk appetite, assigned credit authority and applicable credit policies and credit manuals.
- Coordinate with loan operations, credit control and credit valuation monitoring teams to ensure that the exposures and position of approved credit transactions are adequately reflected, authorised and monitored in the risk systems.
- Participate in monthly reporting and review of expiring credit facilities.
- Bachelor degree preferably in finance, banking or similar; relevant professional accreditation is desirable
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of prior work experience in financial services, with focus on Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Research or Credit Analytic preferred.
- Credit risk analysis background; preferable in a private banking background
- Able to work independently as well in a team
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking (fluent in English)
- Fast learner and strong adaptability
- **Must have the right to work in Hong Kong**
This is a leading global investment bank.