Credit Proposal Specialist - Financial Institution
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 05 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The credit proposal specialist will manage the credit relationships for financial institutions clients and act as the bank's account manager and build relationship with clients. The individual will also assist in development of credit policy and risk management standards, procedures and processes for trading floor business products and structure. This is a 3-month contract with a global bank.
- manage credit relationships for a portfolio of Bank clients, many of which represent high profile trading relationships of the group.
- ensure credit quality and global credit exposure of the portfolio by remaining current with counterparty financial condition, industry and economic trends.
- build and maintain relationships with the bank’s marketers/traders, and respond quickly to requests for credit facilities from the trading floor.
- provide expertise in the area of credit risk associated with trading floor business products.
- responsible for understanding and analyzing complex transactions which involves detailed analysis in order to identify possible risks to the Bank.
- conduct due diligence and co-ordinating the input and activities of many parties, including Legal, Documentation, trading room marketers and Corporate and Commercial Adjudication (CCA).
- provide sound, timely, and well-communicated recommendations for credit facilities supported by a thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business, and market information.
- ensure that the portfolio meets with appropriate risk management guidelines and remains current with the changing methodologies.
- identify and arrange execution of appropriate trading documentation in order to support the credit facility. This involves negotiating with clients while working closely with Legal, Documentation, as well as outside resources (such as law firms and regulatory bodies).
- 3 – 7 years of relevant experience in credit writing or credit proposal for corporate or financial institutional clients
- general knowledge of derivatives and other trading floor products.
- Good understand of credit risks associated with trading floor business products.
- Solid understanding of specific industry, including fundamental market factors, and capital markets activity and influences.
- good experience in analyzing financial statements in order to assess credit risks.
- Ability to research and monitor large volumes of information from various sources, gather data and perform analyses on an ongoing basis.
- strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate complicated concepts and financial data to senior management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting demands and time constraints. adaptability and flexibility to deal with a rapidly changing environment.
- proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
This is a leading bank with a strong global presence.