Senior Associate, Market Risk Management, Asia
Salary Attractive Bonus + Package
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Clara Shing
Date posted 10 May 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An financial services firm is now hiring for a senior associate.
- Apply relevant specialist knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients. Conduct regulatory and business reporting on market, interest rate, fx and liquidity risk metrics for multiple stakeholders.
- Responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Daily oversight of market risk exposures – via preparation and/or review of daily oversight risk reports, daily interaction with the business units.
- Identify Market and other risks associated with those trading activities to ensure compliance with APRA and regional regulatory requirements
- Review Limit structures to ensure completeness and appropriateness on a desk by desk basis. Propose new limits as and when necessary
- Investigation and analysis of risk positions as necessary with escalation as required.
- Provide challenge to 1st line on risk issues
- Recommend approval for new product / new business development activities
- Identification recommendation of risk policy gaps and improvements where required including Market Risk infrastructure development
- Rates and Revaluation responsibility confirming independence and integrity of rates and sources and referring revaluation rates to Rates & Revaluation Committee for ruling where integrity or availability issues arise.
- Preparation of monthly reports for Asia Balance Sheet Forum and Asia Risk Management Committee
- Oversight of Liquidity Management & Funding requirements for regional branches (including annual review of assumptions, daily review of cashflow parameters and regulatory liquidity requirements)
- Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance)
Role knowledge & technical competencies:
- 6yr+ Experience in market risk management or control
- Thorough understanding of multiple types of market risk taken in different trading books, and a clear understanding of the underlying product types traded
- Understanding and application of appropriate limit and oversight infrastructure required to identify, understand and manage these risks
- Demonstrable ability to identify “new risks” and put in place appropriate controls
- Quantitative knowledge on product pricing algorithms
- Strong communication skills will be required. The incumbent will be required to maintain strong working relationships, both internal and external of the bank
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- CFA or FRM accreditation will be well regarded