Regulatory Risk Control Manager
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Carmen Chin
Date posted 03 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Role Overview: The Regulatory Compliance and Tax Risk Manager will assist the regulatory compliance team in supporting regulatory and/or client tax reporting programmes under FATCA, Dodd Frank and Volcker regulations. The team is also responsible for third party risk management, conduct risk, cross border, focusing on first line of defence. This is a 6-month contract with opportunity to extend and convert into a permanent staff.
- Support with the oversight of all regulatory or client tax reporting programmes including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Dodd Frank, Volcker etc.
- Assist in the deployment of new programmes, including Common Reporting Standards, Tax Transparency certification, Tax Amnesty handling, and the new UK Corporate Tax Compliance initiative.
- Identify and proactively assist to manage current and emerging risks related to changes to services, processes and systems, across all functions, delivered by or impacting Chief Operation Office and related functions.
- Support to facilitate discussion with senior management to enable decision making through insightful and concise recommendations from risk and control management reports.
- Support Retail Banking and Wealth Management Senior Regulatory Compliance and Tax Risk Manager in cultivating a positive controls culture across the organization.
- Support with the enhancement of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management control framework through periodic review, including consolidation of key controls and removal of redundant controls.
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- Previous experience in regulatory compliance or tax risk management within a global organization, working across cultures
- Good business understanding of Retail Banking and Wealth Management objectives and operating model as well as policies and standards
- Previous experience with regulatory or client tax reporting programmes such as Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Dodd Frank, Volcker would be desirable
- Previous experience with new programmes such as Common Reporting Standards, Tax Transparency certification, Tax Amnesty handling, and the new UK Corporate Tax Compliance Initiative would be desirable
- Project Management experiences
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Management using simple language
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment, e.g. risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions
- Proven Risk & Control subject matter expertise
- Proactive and delivery focused to ensure individual and team tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality
- Excellent written communication skills Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships across a globally distributed matrix organization
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to clearly document the current state and the recommendations
This is a leading financial institution with a strong global presence.