Assistant Manager/Manager, Sales & Transaction Assurance
Salary Attractive Bonus + Package
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Clara Shing
Date posted 16 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The Manager will facilitate communication between the team and Compliance, Op Risk, and front office. Perform controls over front office activities to ensure advisory services and selling process are conducted in comply with the Bank’s policy and regulatory requirements. Drive initiatives on streamlining monitoring and control processes. Manage projects driven by business or audits Provide advice and supervise team members
- Perform gap analysis, identify risk, design and implement controls, and create DOI on new policies/ process update/ new product launch.
- Supervise on pre-trade and post-trade suitability monitoring to ensure actions are taken for potential non-compliant trades as per the Bank’s internal policy and regulatory requirements, e.g. reviews on regulatory client classifications (PI, IC PvB Cust), product risk rating and client risk profile mismatch, product knowledge & experience, Investment rationale
- Perform ad hoc call monitoring review, escalation of exception cases, and follow up on rectifications and outstanding issues.
- Coordinate requests and prepare commentary on internal and external audit findings
- Escalation of potential regulatory breaches, suspicious transfers and cross border restricted activities.
- Monthly management reporting (MIS) to Risks forum involving identifying residual risk, performing trend analysis, making recommendation and executing action points.
- Prepare regulatory reporting such as providing statistics and commentary relating to key control processes (i.e. suitability, cross border, and investment trades execution).
- Conduct regular induction/ refresher trainings and point-of-contact on control related matters.
- Participate in the Suitability Workforce to provide recommendation on latest regulatory or policy updates from risk and control perspectives.
- Drive initiatives on streamlining monitoring and control processes.
- Regular communication with Group Controls and Supervision teams to standardise control framework and advice on HK specific regulatory controls.
- Answer front line queries on monitoring and control procedures
- Manage Project team and coach team members to maintain high quality of work, and to lead through examples to build the appropriate culture and values.
- Contractor hiring and coaching
- Review system enhancement specs documents in relation to suitability assessments and perform system UAT.
- University graduate
- 4+ years of solid experience in private banking/ wealth management operations and risk control
- Able to analyse situations, prioritise, implement processes, solve problem effectively and work independently
- Knowledge in structured products will be considered first; preferably with relevant designation
- Detail minded, mature, tactful, independent, initiative and well organised
- Strong control sense, able to identify potential risk and provide valid recommendations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and verbal English and Chinese
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word is a must
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Assistant Manager