Insurance Operational Risk Manager
Salary Attractive Bonus + Package
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Clara Shing
Date posted 16 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An insurance operational risk manager role has just landed in an British multinational banking and financial services company
• Act as Representative within the business and functional units in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR Framework
• Support the implementation of OR Framework initiatives and the roll out of the OR Target Operating Model for the business and functional units
• Proactively monitor OR event (internal or external) and escalate significant events to Direct Line Manager as appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring the implementation and execution of the Key Control Self Assessment (KCSA) / Control Sample Testing (CST) processes, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards as well as facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Control or Risk Indicators (KCIs / KRIs)
• Responsible for the recording the results of any non compliance noted from the execution of testing and / or collation of risk information
• Responsible for recording and maintaining operational risks in the risk tracking system, in accordance with Group Operational Risk Procedures.
• Responsible for recording any operational errors that occur within business that result in financial losses, gains, near misses, reputational damage or danger to people or our reputation.
• Ensure risks, issues and control enhancements identified in EORP are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
• At least 8-10 years of risk & control, internal control, internal audit experience in insurance business; open to candidates with Professional Accounting Firm specializing in Insurance
• A team-player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in Risk or Operations function is an advantage