Credit Approver (Wholesale Banking)
Salary Attractive Bonus + Package
Location Hong Kong
Consultant May Wu
Date posted 13 March 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A credit approver role has just landed in an global banking and financial services company
- Evaluating and approving in accordance with the prescribed credit processes, the credit proposals submitted by and in any case under the responsibility of UniCredit Bank AG Foreign Branches based in the Asia Pacific Area, where such proposals are characterised by an underlying risk assumption or guarantee by entities within the UniCredit Group.
- Assume leadership roles over the portfolio assigned and provides guidance. Preparation of independent risk opinions for further discussion with superior and discuss independently with Relationship Stakeholders appropriate risk strategies and measures, based also on market information and development of dedicated clients.
- Responsible for the early warning process, proactively identifying early warning signals. Manage the risk development of the portfolio under responsibility. Task include supervising regular reviews, as well as identifying, devising and implementing all possible actions to improve the overall portfolio's risk profile.
- Ensure the implementation of Group risk management strategies, setting appropriate directions and courses of action to increase the efficiency of risk related processes and procedures as well as participate in the process of setting the risk appetite for Asia.
- Ensure compliance of local Credit Risk operations with Group and local rules and regulations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products, methodologies, models, structures, accounting standards and regulations. Apply knowledge/skills coordinating which may extend beyond own area of expertise, sharing expertise with colleagues and other departments and demonstrating depth/breadth of knowledge/skills in risk management discipline.
- Perform other relevant duties as required by both his/her direct reporting line.
- Degree qualified and strong credentials, with at least 10 years' experience as a credit approver in wholesale/ corporate and investment banking, preferably in a top tier institution
- Possesses solid analytical and technical capabilities, encompassing plain vanilla and structured transactions alike, along with good working experience with Asian Multinational Corporates (including those in PRC and HK). Strong demonstrated experience in underwriting China SOE/ POE risk is essential
- Due to the consistent interactions with Europe, a proven intellectual curiosity towards debt and capital markets developments both in Asia/Pacific and EU is essential.
- Team player, results-oriented and with a proven ability to multi-task, the ideal candidate has very strong leadership traits and must possess a proactive attitude towards challenging opinions and working in a high demanding environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fluency in English and Knowledge of Mandarin will be a considered a plus point but is not essential.